RTSP isn’t like every other company on the block. When you are a 35,000 sq. ft. range, firearms retailer and training facility, it’s pretty much a given you aren’t like every other company. But for us, work isn’t just going to an office and going through the motions. For us, our work is our passion. We believe in what we offer and what we do. We are here for the community at large, which is seen in every one of our team members, from Sales Associates to Office Staff.
If you’re looking to join a fast paced, exciting and rapidly expanding company that is transforming the way people think about firearms, training and what a shooting range should be… We want to hear from you! It’s always a plus if you’ve had experience with firearms, sales or are a certified instructor, but in the end, what it really comes down to is the experience you bring to the table, as well as what makes you who you are. We look for smart, driven, creative, flexible, results-oriented, accountable and honest people.
RTSP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing the best experience for all of our customers.
We are always accepting applications for the following positions:
An RTSP sales clerk places customer service above all other priorities. As a Sales Clerk, you are one of the first faces that customers see and interact with. You are friendly, courteous, a team player, computer savvy, perform well under pressure, and have high a attention to detail. Basic knowledge, skills and the safe handling of firearms are required.
The Range Safety Officer is responsible for supervising, maintaining and operating a firing line, as well as assisting shooters address malfunctions, and helping new shooters gain familiarity with a given firearm. The RSO understands range standard operating procedures, range rules, firearms, firearm malfunctions and emergency procedures. You must be an NRA certified Range Safety Officer (must have your credentials available for review), have a New Jersey Firearm’s ID card, and own your own firearm. If you are not an NRA certified RSO we offer the course as part of our standard training curriculum.
We are currently hiring for the following professional positions:
Reports to the General Manager
$35,000 annual salary plus benefits
The Administrative Assistant to the General Manager will manage a wide range of support functions. The ability to interact with executives, employees and customers at all levels in a fast-paced, highly regulated industry with professionalism and discretion is crucial to this role. You must be confident in your ability to multi-task and take on unfamiliar tasks as they arise. This is a demanding position that requires a high level of accuracy and proficiency.
Your primary responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Scheduling – Schedule 40+ full- and part-time employees utilizing an online software tool to ensure that all shifts are covered while adhering to company policy
- Preparation of Payroll – Manage employee timesheets and prepare bi-weekly payroll reports
- Human Resources – Assist in the daily management of employee files, onboarding procedures, forms processing and record keeping
- Document Management/Recordkeeping – Review completed government forms to ensure 100% accuracy
- Bookkeeping – Ability to fill in with basic data entry when the General Manager is unavailable
Other responsibilities include general clerical tasks including, but not limited to, filing, answering phones, ordering supplies, shipping, etc.
- Four year college degree preferred
- General bookkeeping knowledge is mandatory. Familiarity with QuickBooks or other accounting software is essential
- Basic knowledge of Human Resource policies, procedures and compliance with a minimum of two years experience
- Experience with online employee scheduling software, preferably WhenToWork or similar
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Ability to multi-task.