(Pistol 4) Tactical Handgun Skills
Length of Course: 8-12 hours over 4 days
Tuition: $100.00 per day
The Tactical Handgun Skills course is the fourth in the sequence of pistol instruction at RTSP and builds upon the skills found in the Defensive Handgun Skills course. The class is 8-12 hours over 4 days and includes classroom work, hands-on dry practice and live fire drills.
- Advanced shooting with movement
- Advanced shooting with cover/concealment
- Advanced low light shooting techniques
- Close quarter/retention shooting
- Searching/clearing techniques
- Handgun retention, in and out of the holster
Successful completion of (Pistol 3) Defensive Handgun Skills or instructor exception.
Required Equipment and Supplies:
- Eye and ear protection
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Your firearm – which can be either: a semi-automatic pistol with three magazines, spare magazine carrier, a quality strong side holster (no shoulder holsters), and Surefire Z2L, C2L, G2ZL or similar handheld light; OR a revolver with four speed loaders and speed load carriers, a quality strong side holster (no shoulder holsters), Surefire Z2L, C2L, G2ZL or similar handheld light.
All classes and trainings offered at RTSP require a 50% non-refundable deposit to secure a place in that class.
Should the student cancel, or not attend, this deposit can be used to reschedule, or as store credit.
*You must call the training center 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment, otherwise a $35 cancellation fee will be assessed.